Sunday, November 16, 2008

Oatmeal Cookies with Coconut , Circa 1952



My Nana used to make these for us when we were children. They are good with milk. I have reviewed, and made these several times and they are exactly as I remember them.
If you leave them in longer than 15 min you get them just a bit too brown, which is the way
I like them.

Oatmeal Cookies, Ester Findlay's Circa 1952

1 1/2 cups margarine
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar

Cream these three and add,

3 eggs,

Mix thoroughly and add,

2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
4 cups rolled, oats quick cook kind
1 cup coconut sweetened

Roll into small balls and refrigerate, press onto a greased cookie sheet with a fork,
place in a preheated 350 oven for 15 to 20 min.


This produces a bake sale amount of cookies. I used a
melon scoop to put the chilled dough on the trays.

No comments: