Saturday, March 12, 2022

Carrot Casserole

CARROT CASSEROLE!
While looking online for Manitoba Casseroles I came across a gem...The Ate Ender Cook Book from the Brandon Curling Club! From what I could see, they were solid recipes and the were certainly Prairie. Bidding was fierce but I managed to come out on top and it was shipped quickly from the seller in Arizona? The recipe I have tried first is a Carrot Casserole, this is a solid side dish authored by Champion Curler Mable Mitchell. Only note I would add to this is do the carrots first, I tend to cook in a very linear fashion so the carrots were last. Do them first or at least start them to boil before you get started on the sauce part. It was ample and delicious and would be a big hit at a potluck after a bonspiel! Enjoy and I did see Nanaimo Bars in the back of this book !

No comments: